NITI Aayog (National Institute for Transforming India) is the premier policy think tank of the Government of India, providing directional and policy inputs. Apart from designing strategic and long-term policies and programs for the Government of India, NITI Aayog also provides relevant technical advice to the Centre, States, and Union Territories.
About the Internship
This internship seeks to engage students pursuing Undergraduate / Graduate / Post Graduate Degrees or are Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad, as “interns”. These ”interns” shall be given exposure to various Verticals/ Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information. For the “Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
Purpose/ Objective of the internship
- To allow young academic talent to be associated with the NITI Aayog’s work for mutual benefit.
- The “interns” shall have an opportunity to know about the Government’s functioning and Developmental Policy issues in the Government of India and contribute to the Policy formulation by generating policy inputs such as empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.
Eligibility for internship
- Under-graduate students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of the second year 4th, semester of the bachelor’s degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in the 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared in the term end exam of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or perusing research/Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70 % or more cumulative marks in all the years/ semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
Duration of Internship
Six weeks to six months
A certificate regarding successful completion of the internship.
Procedure of Application
- The application can be made online only
- The internship portal is active only for the first 10 days every month (from 1st to 10th of each month).
- The application can only be made six months in advance, but not later than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the area of interest.
- NOC has to obtain from college after selection
Area of Interest
- Data Management and Analysis
- Education/Human Resources Development
- Energy Sector
- Foreign Trade / Commerce
- Health, Nutrition, Women & Child Development
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Mass Communications and Social Media
- Mining Sector
- Natural Resources, Environment & Forests
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project appraisal and management.
- Public Finances/Budget
- Public-Private Partnership
- Rural Development and SDGs
- Science and Technology
- Skill Development & Employment
- Social justice and empowerment
- Sports and Youth Development
- Tourism and culture
- Urbanization / smart city.
- Water Resources