Recently, Union Government has recently renamed Mughal Garden as Amrit Udyan to commemorate 75 years of independence. The famous Amrit Udyan (formerly Mughal Gardens) at the Rashtrapati Bhavan will be open to the public from January 31.
OPENING DAYS & TIMINGS AMRIT UDYAN
Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan will remain open for the general public from 31st January to 26th March 2023.
ENTRY FEE & CHARGES
Booking of slots and entry to the Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan during Udyan Utsav is free of cost.
BOOKING MECHANISM AMRIT UDYAN
- Entry can be through Online Booking as well as through On-the-spot Bookings. Online Bookings Online Booking can be done through visiting the President of India website (https://presidentofindia.gov.in) and following the Udyan Utsav 2023 link.
- On-the-spot Bookings On-the-spot bookings can be done at the Registration and information centre or through Visitor Registration Kiosks before entering.
- Online Booking slots shall open 10 days in advance of the date of visit. For example, bookings for 21st February will open on 11th February 2023; and so on.
- Online bookings can be done on an hourly slot basis.
- A mobile number is mandatory to make online bookings. Only one booking is permitted from one mobile number.
- Reservations for a maximum of 30 visitors can be made in a single booking.
STEP BY STEP BOOKING
Step 1: Visit https://rb.nic.in/rbvisit/visit_plan.aspx the official portal to book tickets.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Book Now’ button under the section ‘Circuit 3 For Udyan Utsav.’
Step 3: Enter the number of visitors, choose the time slot and then enter the details of the visitors.
Step 4: Enter your phone number and key in the OTP.
Step 5: Your booking will be complete, download the visitor pass and carry it with you on your visit
ENTRY IN AMRIT UDYAN
- Entry to the Gardens will be through Gate No. 35 of the Rashtrapati Bhavan on North Avenue Road.
- Visitors with online bookings are requested to carry their digital visitor pass on their mobile phone and minimize the use of paper.
- Visitors are required to arrive at the entry gate as per the time slot booked by them.
- One ID proof must also be carried by visitors with them.
POINTS OF ATTRACTION
- Sheesham (Dalbergia sissoo): A tree over 200 years old
- Herbal Garden: Herbal, aromatic & medicinal plants
- Bonsai Garden: Decades old Bonsais
- Musical Fountain
- East Lawn: Tulips, Dahlia, Freesia, Hyacinths, Marigolds and Pansies
- Central Lawn: Floral Carpet and 120 celebrated varieties of Rose
- Long Garden: Vertical Gardens, Chhoti Narangi and Hanging Baskets
- Circular Garden