Hindu college is one of those colleges that have hostels for both girls and boys. Many colleges lack this basic facility. Girls’ hostel of the Hindu College, known as Smt Indu Punj Girls’ Hostel. Currently, the hostel administration has invited applications from first-year students regarding admission.
About Smt Indu Punj Girls Hostel
Smt. Indu Punj Girls’ Hostel is made in 2013 to provide residential facilities to its girl’s students. It has a four-storeyed structure on the college campus to accommodate 157 students. All the residential rooms are air-conditioned. Other facilities include a common dining hall, common room, medical room, badminton court, etc.
Criteria for Admission
- Students who have secured admission to the college are eligible to apply for hostel accommodation.
- Only those students who do not have their immediate family members residing within a radius of 60 km of the College (as the crow flies) are eligible for admission.
- Students coming from Delhi’s Satellite Towns/Areas such as Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Loni, Kundli, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh etc. will not be considered for admission. However subject to the availability of seat exceptions can be made on case to case basis for poor and needy students by the Hostel Administration.
- Admissions will be done on the basis of merit.
- Duly filled application form must be submitted online on the hostel email id ([email protected])
- Short listed candidates must be accompanied by their parents and local guardians for the necessary interview with the Warden/Hostel Committee/Principal at the time of admission. A Local Guardian should be someone who holds a responsible position in an organization and/or possesses authentic authorization over the prospective resident. In no case, the local guardian shall be a student.
- The Hostel Warden/ Hostel Committee in consultation with the Principal will finalize the list of students to be admitted to the Hostel and the decision shall be final in this regard. The Committee reserves the right to deny admission to the Hostel to a candidate without assigning any reason.
- At the time of admission, the applicant and her parents shall be required to give an undertaking for good conduct, payment of dues in time, and adherence to College/Hostel rules to be enforced from time to time.
- On being selected for admission to the Hostel, the student must shift within seven days, failing which her admission shall be cancelled. Vacancy, if any, shall be filled by the Hostel Administration, and notice to such effect shall be put on the Hostel Notice Board from time to time.
- Candidates selected for admission to the Hostel shall be required to pay the Hostel fee within the date and time stipulated in this regard. If the fees are not paid in the manner and by the date and time specified in this regard, any claim to admission to the hostel shall stand automatically forfeited.
- The students are required to submit a Residence Certificate from an appropriate Magistrate/Resident Commissioner as proof of permanent address at the time of their admission to the Hostel.
- In case a student changes her course of study at any point of time after being admitted to the Hostel, her admission to the Hostel shall stand cancelled forthwith. She has to compete afresh with others in the new subject/category to re-enter the Hostel, provided seats are available
Fees for the hostel is revised from time to time, hence candidates are requested to check the official website for the latest fee details. However, revised fee details for the session 2022-23 are as follows
November 2022 to March 2023
|Hostel Charges (Excluding Mess Charges)||₹45800/-|
|Security fee (Refundable)||₹4000/-|
|Electricity charges (Advance)*||₹2000/-|
|Mess Charges (For 5 Months)||₹22500/-|
April 2023 to July 2023
|Hostel Charges (Excluding Mess Charges)||₹36640/-|
|Electricity charges ( advance )*||₹2000/-|
|Mess Charges (for 4 Months)||₹18000/-|
*To be adjusted against actual expenses
How to apply
A detailed procedure for hostel application is given below
- Visit the official website of Hindu College (https://hinducollege.ac.in) and search for the hostel section.
- In the hostel section, find Smt Indu Punj Girls hostel and click on it.
- Now download Smt. Indu Punj Girls’ Hostel Prospectus 2022-23 & Fee Structure
- After reading the whole Prospectus and understanding the fee structure, students may move forward to download the admission form attached below.
- After filling out the form, it shall be sent to [email protected] with all necessary documents.