The CAG, established as the supreme audit institution of India under Article 148 of the Constitution, is launching this competition for the second consecutive year. The primary objective of the competition is to enhance the awareness of Indian youth about the role and functions of CAG as an institution, its constitutional responsibilities, and its pivotal role in promoting public accountability and effective governance. The topic for this year’s essay writing competition is ‘Celebrating the Resilience of Indian Democracy and the Role of CAG of India‘. Participants are welcome to submit their essays in either Hindi or English.
- Submission Deadline: August 20, 2023 (17:00 hrs)
- Result Declaration: October 27, 2023
Eligibility and Guidelines:
Any student who is an Indian citizen, below 25 years of age as of July 20, 2023, and enrolled in a recognized university program is eligible to participate. However, employees of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are not eligible to participate.
The essay should not exceed 1500 words and can be written in either Hindi or English. Strict adherence to guidelines is necessary, as plagiarism or nonconformity will result in disqualification.
Essays should be typed in an A-4 size MS Word as well as pdf document using Calibri font for English and Mangal font for Hindi.
Participants are required to submit six documents online as attachments in a single email to [email protected]. The subject of the email should read “CAG’s National Online Essay Writing Competition”.
1. Essays should be sent in MS Word docx – Calibri (English)/Mangal (Hindi) format and in PDF format. File names should be the participant’s email id (excluding the domain name) followed by the language (English/Hindi) in which the essay was written. Submissions via postal mail will not be accepted. It’s important to note that mentioning the participant’s personal details within the essay will lead to disqualification.
2. scanned recent colour passport size photograph of the participant in jpg/jpeg format. The name of the jpg/jpeg document should be the e-mail id (excluding the domain name) of the participant followed by photo.
3. A scanned pdf document showing proof of date of birth, such as birth certificate or Class 10th or equivalent mark sheet. The name of the document should be the e-mail id (excluding the domain name) of the participant followed by ‘-dob’
4. A scanned pdf document of the student’s ID showing proof of enrolment of the student at the University/educational institution. The name of the document should be the e-mail id (excluding the domain name) of the participant followed by ‘-id’.
5. A profile sheet in a separate pdf document containing the following particulars.
- Name (Mr./Ms.):
- Father’s/Legal Guardian’s name:
- Date of Birth:
- Age as on 20.07.2023:
- Educational qualification:
- Name of the University/College/Institution attending:
- Name of course enrolled in:
- Year of enrolment:
- Duration of study: From ……..(year) to ……..(year)
- Address for correspondence:
- Mobile number
The name of the pdf document should be e-mail id (excluding domain name) followed by ‘-profile’.
Cash awards will be presented to the winners: ₹30,000 for the first prize, ₹20,000 for the second prize, and ₹15,000 for the third prize. The prizes will be awarded on 15th November 2023. Details will be sent to the prize winners separately.